Advocates for African American Elders works collaboratively with others to promote social justice and health equity for seniors. It is through a true partnership with local communities that we are able to be a force for enhancing the quality of life for seniors through advocacy, education and increasing access to community resources.
AAAE Events and Activities
* Jewish Vocational Services, Battle Buddies Group Workshop on Supportive Services for Veteran Families.
December 19, 2013
* Alzheimer's Association California Southland Chapter and West Central-South Central Dementia Care Network Holiday Brunch.
December 6, 2013
* Thanksgiving Food Giveaway, The Love of God Gardening Project.
November 23, 2013
* AAAE Senior Advisory Council appointed.
November 26, 2013
* Healthy Aging through Community Partnerships: National Policy to Local Implementation.
October 31, 2013
* Seniors Celebrating Life Luncheon hosted by Councilman Curren Price for the 9th Council District.
October 24, 2013
* Co-chair Bryan Gaines is a guest speaker along with Dr. David Trader and LACF Paramedic, Rick Sewell, on KTYM AM 1460 to discuss “How Chronic Health Conditions are Affecting African American Seniors, Alzheimer’s Disease, the Impact of Caregiving and Safety in the Home.
October 2, 2013
* Congresswoman Maxine Waters’ Town Hall Meeting on the Affordable Care Act.
September 14, 2013
* Groundbreaking ceremony for the new Watts AltaMed PACE Program opening in 2014.
September 13, 2013
* Alzheimer’s and African Americans Town Hall Meeting.
September 12, 2013
* National Night Out with the LAPD Southwest Division.
August 8, 2013
* Dr. Karen Lincoln, Chair of AAAE and Bryan Gaines, Co-chair of AAAE are guest speakers on KTYM AM 1460 to discuss food insecurity and obesity among seniors.
July 24, 2013
* AAAE receives funding from the California Wellness Foundation to support AAAE activities.
July 1, 2013
* AAAE Inaugural event featuring Congresswoman Maxine Waters.
February 1, 2013